APPLYING YOUR TOPPER
- Have your cake ready. For the best results your frosting or icing should not be dry or have a skin prior to placing the edible picture. Various icings can be used such as buttercream, store bought frosting’s, icings, fondant, gum paste, whipped cream or non-dairy topping, fudge, chocolate, and even frozen ice cream cakes. Your frosting should be level for the best results.
- On a fresh cream cake the topper can soak into the cake, so If using on a fresh cream cake, we recommend that you cut a layer of fondant the size of your icing sheet and then place this onto the cake.
- Images are best applied to light colored icing. Dark colors will make it hard for the image to be visible or can distort the color of the icing sheet once applied. However if you need to apply to a dark color icing, we would recommend applying the icing sheet to white fondant and then applying this to your cake.
- Remove your edible picture sheet from the air tight bag. Your edible picture is cut and ready to use. If you have ordered a custom size you need need to cut your edible image using sharp scissors or a sharp razor knife, gently cut 1/8″ around image(s) while on the plastic white backing sheet. Make sure your fingers are not moist when handling the edible picture.
- The just peel away the topper from the plastic backing and place on your cake.
- Once the edible picture has been on the cake for about 5 to 10 minutes it will begin to blend with the frosting. Do Not Touch It; it can leave a dent just like frosting does when touched.
- For the best results apply edible pictures to a freshly iced cake. If your icing has become dry, spray a fine mist of water (do not have puddles of water) on your frosting before applying the edible picture. This will add moisture back into your frosting so the edible picture can adhere properly.
- We suggest using a white frosting so your image will stand out better. Using chocolate or a dark frosting can darken some areas of the edible picture.
- If the edible picture crease or rips while placing, very gently rub the area back together and it hardly shows.
- If needed you can trim with sharp scissors or a razor knife on or off the backing sheet.
- When trimming strips with a razor blade trim from the bottom up after applying to the cake to avoid tearing.
- When building tiered cakes, assemble them completely before beginning to apply designs.
- Keep unused edible pictures in the re-sealable bag to keep them from drying out.
STORAGE & HANDLING
- Shelf Life of the Icing Sheet is 6 months once stored in the grip seal bag it comes in.They do not need refrigeration! Keep the picture in this bag until you are ready to use it.
- Keep the picture at room temperature, out of any direct light
- Use Edible Picture immediately after removing it from the bag.
- Store your finished decorated cake with Edible Picture as normally required for safe food handling. Edible Pictures will not affect the shelf life of your product and are freezer, refrigerator and shelf stable.
- DO NOT LET WATER COME IN CONTACT WITH THE TOP SIDE OF THE EDIBLE PICTURE BEFORE OR AFTER ON CAKE.
Yes we can print more that one picture on a sheet. Please use the “Create Your Own” to process the order, you can upload more than one image through the “upload” on the order, but if you have any issue or prefer to you can email any extra pictures or information needed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cakes generally shouldn’t be refrigerated after the topper is applied as it may damage the colours on the topper. If you need to you can lightly mist or baste water on the fondant icing or buttercream if it’s crusted, and place the image onto the cake closer to the time it is being served.
The icing on your cake can be any colour, but as the topper is made from very thin icing so dark colours or chocolate may not always be suitable. Try white chocolate instead or cut out a disc of white fondant to go behind the topper this should be about the same size and shape as the topper. Place the topper on the disc and put this on your cake. Otherwise you should apply it just before serving the cake, before the photo it has time to absorb the moisture.
Yes we can print an thing on an icing sheet, just use the create your own and order a A4 sheet, upload your image(s) and let us know the dimensions that you wan them. Select the draft required and we will send you a draft of it for approval. Below are some samples of ones we have done that are ready for you to cut out. If your not sure what size you need we can give a few size options on a sheet for you to choose from.
Yes we can put a photo on a topper, just use the “create your own” to place your order where you can upload your photo, and we will then design and email you a draft of your topper before posting.
IRELAND: Caketop.ie offers Free Delivery to anywhere in Ireland. Orders received up to 2pm will be processed and posted the same day. (Please allow extra time for Create Your Own Toppers as approval is needed before posting)
We do not use a courier to deliver, we use standard letter post with An Post to send out all our toppers, they will usually arrive the next working day from the day it is posted, by your postman. Very occasionally it may take 2 working days. Postal delays do occur so please plan ahead and order accordingly. Post may vary also during postal strikes and holiday times of the year.
During annual busy periods such as Christmas/New Year once the item is posted either the same day or the next working day we will not accept responsibility for postal delays. It is up to you the customer to understand there may be delays and to allow extra time for postage during these periods.
There is no post in Ireland at weekends, so toppers ordered after 2pm on a Friday are not processed and posted until Monday.
Toppers are sent in an A4 hard back envelope.
UK & INTERNATIONAL: There is an extra charge of €5.00 for delivery outside Ireland. Delivery time is generally 3-7 Working Days. But please allow time for any delays.
If you have any questions regarding delivery please contact us
Once ordered before 2pm any day we will process and post your order. If you have taken a risk and ordered on short notice, while 99% of toppers will arrive next day however we do not guarantee that your topper will arrive in time and unfortunately can do nothing about it if it doesn’t.
However if your topper was ordered giving plenty of notice, please check first with your local post office or sorting office to ensure they have not got it, and then please contact us and we will do our best to get a replacement to you before the topper is needed.
At Caketop.ie we are confident that you will be happy with the quality of your images. Unfortunately due to food hygiene regulations we cannot accept returns, for any images ordered in error, change of mind or images not received in time.
Orders for Edible Images cannot be cancelled once they have been processed.
Images can only be refunded if they are damaged, or sent with the wrong wording or design, that we have incorrectly printed, if this is the case, please send us a photography of the error and a replacement will then be posted out or a refund given if there is no time to send a replacement.
We are continually uploading popular toppers, but it is impossible have everything on the site.
If you are looking for a topper that you do not see listed then please use the “Create Your Own” tab to upload any image or tell us what you need and we will design one up for you and email it to you for your approval. If you have any problem uploading an image then please just place the order and email the image to us at email@example.com
Once you approve the draft we will get it posted out to you, please allow 24 Hours to design and process “Create Your Own” Toppers.
Once you receive your topper please check that all is as requested on it, (spellings etc). Keep the icing sheet stored in a cool dark place ie a cupboard in a cool part of the house, till time of use. Ensure your grip sealed bag is kept closed until you are ready to use it.
For cupcake toppers we recommend cutting a 2″ circle disc out of roll out fondant and leave to dry overnight then apply a small amount of water to the fondant once dry and attach your image pat down gently taking care not to wet the front side of the image as the colours will run.
If you cannot see the Topper you want on our site, you can use the Create Your Own to upload any picture or just tell us in the special instructions what you are looking for and we will design something for you.
- Choose the “Create Your Own Topper” tab from the main menu or click here
- Choose the size and shape icing sheet that you require
- Add your message
- Add the Date Topper is required by.
- Upload your image(s) (must be jpg or png – word documents are not accepted) (also please note you can only upload one image, if you have more images, please email the rest of the images to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Add and Special Instructions or tell us what you are looking for here.
- If you require a draft of your topper please let us know by ticking the required box below. If you choose YES your TOPPER WILL NOT BE POSTED UNTIL IT IS APPROVED BY YOU. SO PLEASE KEEP A CHECK ON YOUR EMAIL. (NOTE: Please keep a check on your junk mail folder as the email can sometimes be filtered to here.) If you chose not to have a draft we are not responsible if for any reason you do not like the topper.
- Add to basket and follow the checkout procedure.
Once we receive your order we will make up a draft. We will email a draft to you for approval before printing. We do try to do these toppers as quickly as possible but please allow 24 hours to design and process custom Toppers.
PLEASE NOTE: Your topper will not go out in the post until the draft has been approved by you.
Once ordered before 2pm any day your topper is posted and you should receive it in the post the next day. Even on a Thursday if you order before 2pm you should receive it on Friday. Many of our customers have taken a risk on this and received them. However, while 99% of our toppers are delivered next day we cannot guarantee this, as delays can occur on occasion.
If you accidentally tear the topper – DON’T PANIC! Rub very gently with a dry finger and it will merge back together and the tear will disappear after an hour or so.
We cannot facilitate collection of toppers at all at this time.
We can print your image on the following icing sheet sizes.
Please allow 1-2 days for your Edible Picture Topper to be printed and dispatched. Toppers are posted in a grip seal bag and then placed into a boardback A4 envelope. Toppers are sent via An Post, standard post and this usually arrives the next day, however we cannot guarantee next day delivery. Postal delays do occur so please plan ahead and order accordingly. If an order is received and is approved before 2pm we ship the same day.
All toppers include Free shipping within Ireland.
Unfortunately due to food hygiene regulations we cannot accept returns, for any images ordered in error, change of mind or toppers not received in time.
Since all orders are unique to the customer, ALL SALES ARE FINAL. If we verify that we made an error we will reprint the order, if this is the case the picture of the topper must be sent back to us and a replacement will then be posted out.
No refunds will be given for any delays caused by the carrier.
We are not responsible for toppers that are not posted out due to a draft of the topper not being approved.
When the images are printed out onto icing sheets, the color may not be exactly the same as the original. It tends to be a few shades different, but not usually that noticeable. This will be the same with any other edible printing services.
It also depends on the quality of the original image. All of the images that we provide are high resolution, and you can tell the difference. If it looks low quality, pixelated or blurred on the screen then imagine what this will look like on your cakes or treats please bare this in mind if you are shopping around.
If you are sending us a photo/image then the better quality (the higher resolution) you can provide, the clearer and crisp the image will be. We are not responsible for any poor quality photos/images that are sent to us, we are not able to make those images clearer.
We DO NOT SELL or claim ownership over the images, character clipart or graphics; they belong to their respective copyright holders. We provide a service for creating a personalised edible picture cake topper that is permitted for your personal use. And it is this service you are paying for.
Images supplied to us remain under the existing copyright. By supplying us with an image you are granting us a licence to modify, print, or otherwise use the image in accordance with the details of your order. By placing an order and accepting these terms you are accepting any and all liability for any consequences of caketop.ie using the images you supply.
When providing corporate logos or trademarked images: It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that any material supplied in any medium is not protected by any copyright law, or that any necessary permission for caketop.ie to reproduce such images has been obtained.
You must not supply us any images or any other material, or any content within such images, which contain any threatening, defamatory, blasphemous or pornographic material, or show any kind of child abuse, or are racially offensive or abusive of any religion, or likely to incite hatred against any person or group, or are otherwise criminal or offensive in the minds of reasonable people, or are obscene or menacing or harassing in any way, or breach any applicable law.
Many of the items listed at caketop.ie are made up of designs supplied to us by customers. Therefore it is not always possible to check the origins of individual designs. If you feel or are aware that any item here at caketop.ie infringes any copyright please contact us and if genuine we will remove any offending material within 24 hours. We strive to ensure that all designs do not infringe anyone’s copyright, and will do our utmost to rectify any and all instances of infringement.
Edible Cake Toppers are edible printed images or photos that are used on cakes and treats.
Edible Picture Toppers are Icing Sheets with actual layer of icing on a plastic backing that can be printed on using edible ink, when applied it bonds with the icing on a cake, cookies, cupcakes and other desserts.
We can personalise the icing sheet with an image and a message for your own occasion We can also make up icing sheets with different images on them for you to cut out and use in whatever way works best for you.
We find FONDANT or BUTTERCREAM are the best frosting to use with Icing sheets. Icing sheets can also be used with non-dairy whipped topping, marzipan, royal icing, chocolate and even on poured icings like ganache. We do not recommended using them with fresh cream or a very wet/liquid icing as it may wet the layer of icing too much.
Store flat out of direct light. Icing sheets do not need to be refrigerated. They have a shelf life of 6 months. Icing sheets can be printed in advance and then stored with the plastic backing on until ready to use in the zip-lock bag provided. As with other food coloring, edible images can fade if overexposed to UV light.
Our Icing Sheets:
- ‘Easy-Peel’ Meaning they are easy to remove from backing sheet
- Gluten free, Kosher certified and nut free
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Edible icing sheets are made from the following ingredients: water, cornstarch, corn syrup, corn syrup solids, cellulose, sorbitol, glycerine, sugar, vegetable oil, gum arabic, polysorbate 80, vanilla, titanium dioxide, citric acid.Edible Icing Sheets are completely safe for human consumption, made from 100% EC approved ingredients.
Shelf Life of the Icing Sheet is 6 months once stored in the grip seal bag it comes in.They do not need refrigeration! Keep the picture in this bag until you are ready to use it.
Almost Any kind of cake suitable. You can use a shop bought one or bake yourself or a bakers cake. The icing sheets can be applied to sponge, royal icing, fruit, chocolate, buttercream etc. If using on a wet icing like buttercream we would recommend applying as close to the occasion time as possible and applying onto a backing disc of roll out fondant.
Can I use it on Fresh cream Cakes?
Fresh cream is not the best cake topping to use for edible images and should really try to be avoided, the water content is too high and the image may bubble or disintegrate into the cream. .