PLEASE CHECK THAT ALL TEXT AND IMAGES ARE CORRECT AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE YOUR TOPPER. ANY ERRORS MUST BE REPORTED WITHIN 24 HOURS OF RECEIVING THEM.
APPLYING YOUR TOPPER
• Have your cake ready. For the best results, your frosting or icing should not be dry or have a skin prior to placing the edible picture. If your icing has become dry, spray a fine mist of water (do not have puddles of water) on your frosting before applying the edible picture Various icings can be used such as buttercream, store-bought frosting’s, icings, fondant, gum paste, whipped cream or non-dairy topping, fudge, chocolate, and even frozen ice cream cakes. Your frosting should be level for the best results.
• On a fresh cream cake the topper can soak into the cake, so If using on a fresh cream cake, we recommend that you cut a layer of fondant the size of your icing sheet and then place this onto the cake.
• Images are best applied to light coloured icing. Dark colours will make it hard for the image to be visible or can distort the colour of the icing sheet once applied. However, if you need to apply to a dark colour icing, we would recommend applying the icing sheet to white fondant and then applying this to your cake.
• Remove your edible picture sheet from the airtight bag. Your edible picture is cut and ready to use. If you have ordered a custom size you need to cut your edible image using sharp scissors or a sharp razor knife gently cut 1/8″ around the image(s) while on the plastic white backing sheet. Make sure your fingers are not moist when handling the edible picture.
• The just peel away the topper from the plastic backing and place it on your cake. • Once the edible picture has been on the cake for about 5 to 10 minutes it will begin to blend with the frosting. Do Not Touch It; it can leave a dent just like frosting does when touched. • If the edible picture crease or rips while placing, very gently rub the area back together and it hardly shows. STORAGE & HANDLING
• Shelf Life of the Icing Sheet is 6 months once stored in the grip seal bag it comes in. YOU CAN REMOVE THE TOPPER TO CHECK IT WHEN IT ARRIVES & THEN PLACE IT BACK IN THE BAG UNTIL YOU NEED IT. They do not need refrigeration! Keep the picture in this bag until you are ready to use it.
• Keep the picture at room temperature, out of any direct light • Use an Edible Picture immediately after removing it from the bag. • Store your finished decorated cake with an Edible Picture as normally required for safe food handling. Edible Pictures will not affect the shelf life of your product and are freezer, refrigerator and shelf-stable.
• DO NOT LET WATER COME IN CONTACT WITH THE TOP SIDE OF THE EDIBLE PICTURE BEFORE OR AFTER ON THE CAKE.
When the images are printed out onto icing sheets, the colour may not be exactly the same as on the computer screen. It tends to be a few shades different, but not usually that noticeable
We would recommend with cupcakes to either place on a flat swirl of buttercream or use a fondant disc under them to support them. This can be very easily made by cutting a circle out of flat fondant icing waiting for it to dry out (a couple of hours) then VERY lightly brush with water and place icing topper on top.
What Causes the Icing to Stick to the Backing Paper?
Humidity is the primary reason why the icing image gets stuck to the backing paper. In a moist room, the icing collects moisture, effectively ‘clinging’ to the backing sheet.
Simple hacks to peel off the edible icing from the backing
Table Edge Rescue: If the icing is starting to peel away as you bend the backing, use the edge of a table to help release it. An important thing to note is that you are trying to peel the backing away from the icing, and not the other way round since the icing is very delicate. Run the backing sheet back and forth over the table-top corner and you should see it starting to loosen. You can then get a sharp knife under the icing to help gently lift it away from the backing.
Pop the frosting sheet in the freezer: This is one of the easiest ways to remove the icing from the baking paper. The humidity within a freezer is generally very low, and with the cold temperature the icing will harden up very quickly. Speed is very important to this procedure. You must apply the frozen frosting image to the cake seconds before it starts to return to its previous state. You can repeat this multiple times if necessary, and use the table technique to help ease away the icing if necessary.
Fan oven: Another way to remove the icing is by placing it inside a warm fan oven for around 10 minutes (warm, not hot – you’re not trying to burn them off!). The heated air will slowly dry off the moisture-holding the icing to its backing.
Use a Hairdryer: If you don’t have a fan oven, turn over the icing sheet onto its backing on a clean and dry surface. Now use a hairdryer for one minute or two so that the sheet dries out. With the impact, a hairdryer creates, with warm air blown down onto the sheet, there is a risk that the icing will start to peel up and break.
Yes, we can print more than one picture on a sheet. Please use the “CUSTOM DESIGN 1-3 IMAGES” for 1-3 images or "CUSTOM DESIGN 4 PLUS IMAGES" if you have more than 4 images you want on a sheet. If you have any issue or prefer to you can email any extra pictures or information needed to email@example.com
Cakes generally shouldn’t be refrigerated after the topper is applied as it may damage the colours on the topper. If you need to you can lightly mist or baste water on the fondant icing or buttercream if it’s crusted, and place the image onto the cake closer to the time it is being served rather than placing it it in the fridge.
The icing on your cake can be any colour, but as the topper is made from very thin icing so dark colours or chocolate may not always be suitable. Try white chocolate instead or cut out a disc of white fondant to go behind the topper this should be about the same size and shape as the topper. Place the topper on the disc and put this on your cake. Otherwise you should apply it just before serving the cake, before the photo it has time to absorb the moisture.
Yes, we can print anything on an icing sheet, just use the create your own and order a A4 sheet, upload your image(s) and let us know the dimensions that you want them. Select the draft required and we will send you a draft of it for approval. Below are some samples of ones we have done that are ready for you to cut out. If you’re not sure what size you need, we can give a few size options on a sheet for you to choose from.
Yes, we can put any photo on a topper, just use the appropriate “Custom Design" to place your order where you can upload your photo, and we will then design and email you a draft of your topper before posting.
IRELAND: Caketop.ie offers Free Delivery to anywhere in Ireland. Standard pre-designed orders received up to 2pm will be processed and posted the same day. (Please allow extra time for Custom Designs if approval is needed before posting) Orders are processed immediately and we recommend ordering the week before you need your topper to allow for any delays.
We do not use a courier to deliver, we use standard letter post with An Post to send out all our toppers, they will usually arrive the next working day from the day it is posted, by your postman. Very occasionally it may take 2 working days. Postal delays do occur so please plan ahead and order accordingly. Post may vary also during postal strikes and holiday times of the year.
During annual busy periods such as Christmas/New Year once the item is posted either the same day or the next working day, we will not accept responsibility for postal delays. It is up to you the customer to understand there may be delays and to allow extra time for postage during these periods.
There is no post in Ireland at weekends or Bank Holidays, so toppers ordered after 2pm on a Friday are not processed and posted until Monday or Tuesday if Monday is a bank holiday.
Toppers are sent in an A4 hardback envelope.
UK & INTERNATIONAL: DUE TO CURRENT DELAYS BECAUSE OF BREXIT AND COVID WE ARE NOT POSTING INTERNATIONALLY AT THIS TIME
If you have any questions regarding delivery please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Caketop.ie we are confident that you will be happy with the quality of your images. Unfortunately, due to food hygiene regulations, we cannot accept returns, for any images ordered in error, change of mind, or images not received in time.
Orders for Edible Picture Toppers cannot be cancelled once they have been processed.
Toppers can only be refunded if they are damaged, or sent with the wrong wording or design, that we have incorrectly printed, if this is the case, please send us a photograph of the error and a replacement will then be posted out or a refund given if there is no time to send a replacement.
Once ordered before 2pm any day we will process and post your order. If you have taken a risk and ordered on short notice, 99% of toppers will arrive the next day. Many customers do take the risk and receive them the next day,. However, we do not guarantee that your topper will arrive in time and unfortunately can do nothing about it if it doesn’t. You are ordering at your own risk.
We are continually uploading popular toppers, but it is impossible to have everything on the site.
The quickest way if you are looking for a topper that you do not see listed is to use the Custom Designs to upload any image or tell us what you need and we will design one up for you. Should you require it we can email you a draft before posting. Please keep a check on junk/spam folders for emails of drafts. If you have any problem uploading an image then please just place the order and email the image to us at email@example.com
For cupcake toppers, we recommend cutting a 2″ circle disc out of roll out fondant and leave to dry overnight then apply a small amount of water to the fondant once dry and attach your image pat down gently taking care not to wet the front side of the image as the colours will run.
Once ordered before 2pm any day your topper is posted and you should receive it in the post the next day. Even on a Thursday if you order before 2pm you should receive it on Friday. Many of our customers have taken a risk on this and received them. However, while 99% of our toppers are delivered next day, we cannot guarantee this, as delays can occur on occasion.
If you accidentally tear the topper – DON’T PANIC! Rub very gently with a dry finger and it will merge back together and the tear will disappear after an hour or so.
We recommend ordering your topper 1-2 weeks before you need it, to allow for any delays, errors, etc that can occasionally occur. orders are processed immediately once they come in, We do not hold orders to post nearer the time. We do not recommend ordering more than 2 weeks beforehand as toppers may become harder to use due to humidity or colours may fade.
No collection is not possible under any circumstances at the minute.
The shelf Life of the Icing Sheet is 6 months once stored in the grip seal bag it comes in. They do not need refrigeration! Keep the picture in this bag until you are ready to use it. We do not however recommend order more than 2 weeks before your event as humidity can affect them or colours may fade.
Almost Any kind of cake suitable. You can use a shop bought one or bake yourself or a bakers cake. The icing sheets can be applied to sponge, royal icing, fruit, chocolate, buttercream etc. If using on a wet icing like buttercream we would recommend applying as close to the occasion time as possible and applying onto a backing disc of roll out fondant.
Fresh cream is not the best cake topping to use for edible images and should really try to be avoided, the water content is too high and the image may bubble or disintegrate into the cream. .