APPLYING YOUR TOPPER
- Have your cake ready. For the best results your frosting or icing should not be dry or have a skin prior to placing the edible picture. Various icings can be used such as buttercream, store bought frosting’s, icings, fondant, gum paste, whipped cream or non-dairy topping, fudge, chocolate, and even frozen ice cream cakes. Your frosting should be level for the best results.
- On a fresh cream cake the topper can soak into the cake, so If using on a fresh cream cake, we recommend that you cut a layer of fondant the size of your icing sheet and then place this onto the cake.
- Images are best applied to light colored icing. Dark colors will make it hard for the image to be visible or can distort the color of the icing sheet once applied. However if you need to apply to a dark color icing, we would recommend applying the icing sheet to white fondant and then applying this to your cake.
- Remove your edible picture sheet from the air tight bag. Your edible picture is cut and ready to use. If you have ordered a custom size you need need to cut your edible image using sharp scissors or a sharp razor knife, gently cut 1/8″ around image(s) while on the plastic white backing sheet. Make sure your fingers are not moist when handling the edible picture.
- The just peel away the topper from the plastic backing and place on your cake.
- Once the edible picture has been on the cake for about 5 to 10 minutes it will begin to blend with the frosting. Do Not Touch It; it can leave a dent just like frosting does when touched.
- For the best results apply edible pictures to a freshly iced cake. If your icing has become dry, spray a fine mist of water (do not have puddles of water) on your frosting before applying the edible picture. This will add moisture back into your frosting so the edible picture can adhere properly.
- We suggest using a white frosting so your image will stand out better. Using chocolate or a dark frosting can darken some areas of the edible picture.
- If the edible picture crease or rips while placing, very gently rub the area back together and it hardly shows.
- If needed you can trim with sharp scissors or a razor knife on or off the backing sheet.
- When trimming strips with a razor blade trim from the bottom up after applying to the cake to avoid tearing.
- When building tiered cakes, assemble them completely before beginning to apply designs.
- Keep unused edible pictures in the re-sealable bag to keep them from drying out.
STORAGE & HANDLING
- Shelf Life of the Icing Sheet is 6 months once stored in the grip seal bag it comes in.They do not need refrigeration! Keep the picture in this bag until you are ready to use it.
- Keep the picture at room temperature, out of any direct light
- Use Edible Picture immediately after removing it from the bag.
- Store your finished decorated cake with Edible Picture as normally required for safe food handling. Edible Pictures will not affect the shelf life of your product and are freezer, refrigerator and shelf stable.
- DO NOT LET WATER COME IN CONTACT WITH THE TOP SIDE OF THE EDIBLE PICTURE BEFORE OR AFTER ON CAKE.